The Great Swap is about clearing out, letting go of those favourite items that don’t get worn and swapping them for ‘new’ ones. Items need to be good quality, no rips, no broken zips etc.
It’s shopping in a sustainable way!!
Women and men of all ages and sizes are encouraged to come along. The cost of participation is only $10, covering venue hire, admin and insurance etc. Click on the picture and purchase your ticket in advance.
Accompanied kids under 12 are free!
So, here is how it works…
· You can swap up to 25 items of clothing, including hats, belts and shoes in good condition.
· Your items will be screened for suitability. You will then receive a pass that will show how many items you are able to ‘buy’, reflecting how many items you are swapping.
· There will be pre-event drop off points (please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out where they are) to save you time and not delay shoppers with large queues on the day.
· A pre-event drop off will allow you up to 35 items and a special pass to enter and start swapping 30 minutes before the doors officially open on the day. This will be at 12pm. We will then open the doors to the rest of the public at 12:30pm.
· Doors will close 4pm
Why attend the Great Clothes Swap?
· Why shop when you can swap!! The opportunity to swap means you are reducing consumption, reusing items that may have otherwise gone into landfill and recycling old into new. And it’s fun with a great sense of community.
What to Swap
· Items clean,folded or pressed
· Items likely to be valued by others
· Items free of faults or with minor faults that are easy to repair
(concessions are made for vintage wear).
· Items you are no longer emotionally attached to!
· We will be unable to accept items that are badly pilled, smelly or straying too far from perfect.
· Undergarments and swimwear will not be included in the swapping process.
Does it need to be designer?
· No. All labels are created equal in the eyes of The Great Clothes Swap.
What about my un-swapped items?
If you don’t walk away with the same number of items you came in with…
· grab some garments to gift to others.
· enjoy the extra space in your wardrobe
· feel good that your items are being loved by someone else
Where do the leftover clothes go?
· Thanks to Lifeline South Coast for jumping on board and will be collecting all the good at the end of the day.
Will there be food and drinks?
· Yes there will. Who will it be??? TBA